Maximum number of cars added to compare list.
What's your postcode?
We need your postcode in order to provide accurate search results.
Compare cars side by side to save time clicking backwards and forwards between them.
RAC’s latest facts and figuresBack
The RAC has just released its latest facts and figures illustrating how people travel to work.
- 6.5 million people work in England and Wales.
- 16.7 million travel to work by car.
- 15.3 million drive themselves.
- 1.4 million receive a lift by car.
- 73.4% travel by car to work in rural areas.
- 67.1% travel to work in urban areas (less London ).
- 29.8% travel to work by car in London
Source: RAC Foundation
Posted by Leana Kell on 15/12/2013