Compare cars side by side to save time clicking backwards and forwards between them.
Maximum number of cars added to compare list.
We need your postcode in order to provide accurate search results.
Following the success of the MOT-focused PR campaign that took place in April this year, the industry is conducting a second phase, once again in partnership with all UK vehicle manufacturers and dealerships through SMMT and NFDA. The objective is to build upon the momentum gained so far and to continue to generate positive media coverage about franchised dealers.
This time the programme will focus on the number of motorists that miss their MOT renewal dates each year, drawing upon consumer research and industry data. This is another great opportunity to remind customers about the range of services you offer and to ensure that MOT and servicing work is booked with your franchised outlet rather than an independent garage or fast-fit.
Through the campaign, motorists will be encouraged to visit their local franchised dealer for the free 10-point pre-MOT that was launched in April at www.passmymot.com. In time for the campaign launch, a new MOT and service reminder function will be added to the website that enables motorists to register for an annual reminder e-mail.
The timing of the campaign is led by the communication of a national news release, this will be issued to relevant target media ready for Monday 12 August. Ahead of the live date your vehicle manufacturer will provide a range of materials to help you publicise the campaign, plus templates for news release for you to complete, copy you can add to your website, suggestions for your social media channels and text for direct marketing e-mails. It is recommended that you prepare customer communications to go live on 12 August.
As before, please make your service department and reception staff aware of the campaign.
The combined effort of every franchised dealer in the UK, plus support at a national level from vehicle manufacturers, SMMT and the NFDA, will increase momentum and awareness greater than can be achieved on an individual brand basis.
Please see additional information below:
– To capitalise on the ‘peak MOT period’ of September, the campaign will run during the last three weeks of August – just when those with MOTs will be planning where to take their car. Vehicle manufacturers will be provided with materials for dealers to use from 12 August, coinciding with the issue of a national news release.
Headline messages (the ‘news hook’)
– More than 1.5 million motorists forget to take their car for its annual MOT,
– Main dealers will perform a free 10-point pre-MOT visual inspection to help the vehicle avoid failing due to simple-to-fix issues.
– All MOT and service work carried out by a manufacturer main dealer is performed by manufacturer-trained technicians so customers can be sure that the manufacturer warranty will be maintained.
– All manufacturer main dealers will notify the customer before any work is carried out following an inspection of the vehicle, providing upfront guidance and complete transparency on cost.
– Main dealers are the only outlets recommended by car manufacturers. Customers can be sure of the best reliability and durability for their vehicles through the use of manufacturer-recommended parts and vehicle software upgrades.
Supporting data from existing consumer research
– 79% believe technician training has the greatest influence on maximising the safe running of a vehicle.
– 67% of motorists rated ‘ability to correctly identify faults’ as one of the most important factors affecting quality of work.
– 71% believe franchised dealerships are more likely to offer ‘value added services’ (courtesy car, car collection / delivery, valet, software upgrades, safety checks).